Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tired of the bridge?

Okay, I'm not gonna lie - I cannot even believe that it has been an entire month since my last posting!  Life has had us on the "wheel" and we have been running like crazy but not really getting anywhere.  Have you ever been there before?  Now, in all honesty, looking back we have truly covered a lot of ground as we get ready for things yet to come yet at the same time we have been taking care of an incredible amount of present day demands.

My classes went very well, but demanded far more time than I had planned.  And to think that I only have another fifteen months to go!  Woo-hoo!  They were very good though and I was able to glean a great deal from them.

The wedding plans are coming along very well - thanks of course to Dawn and Jackie [between the lines = no thanks to Will and I!].  This weekend will be the big wedding shower.  A gathering of all kinds of chicks - from the mother hens all the way down through the little chickadees.  Joys!   Just kidding ladies, just kidding!

I just talked to Jackie and she is doing really well at school.  Her classes are finished this Thursday and she is really excited to come home.  That will mean that she is on to her next thing... Here comes the bride...

Will won't be there because he is busy in Sommerset putting the new business together.  He is planning to open his doors on Monday.  Of course, if he doesn't have to be there, neither do I!  Now don't get me wrong, I would love to spend the day with my girl, just not at a shower.  I've passed through a couple of them before and they are most certainly designed for those with the xx chromosome.  I think it is a chromosome thing.

Many of you are probably wondering what is going on with Emily.  She has been having it really tough lately.  For over 75 days she has been trapped in her hospital room!  She has only been able to escape a couple times during the past couple weeks and even then, only for 15-20 minutes.  Due to a low white blood cell count she cannot risk exposure to any germs.

She has a couple different infections as well, so they have had her on various anti-boiotics in an attempt to fight them off.  In conjunction with that, is a battery of steroids which is why she is so puffy.

Emily is tough though, she has been through far more than any teenager should have to face and yet, carries a positive attitude that simply exudes a sense of, "I'm gonna get through this!"  The doctors feel that she is on track to pull through the transplant and treatments just fine.  It is taking longer then we expected, that's all.

Jim is not doing as well.  They still have not performed the surgery and the cancer has moved into his spine.  There is far too much happening there to write about in this entry, but please remember him in your prayers.  A miraculous healing would be wonderful!

For those who look forward to my postings, please forgive my absence.  I will try very hard to keep you up to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment