Friday, July 3, 2009

Day 27 - We're Tired!


Ok. I'm not gonna lie. We're tired. 1150 miles in the last three days without any sightseeing or "stuff" is far enough. The total tally for the trip is currently at 7,155 miles! So, we have decided to spend an extra day here in Minneapolis, Mn. It sounds like they have a lot of stuff going on for the 4th of July so it should be a great day tomorrow.


Coming across North Dakota yesterday and this morning, there were tons of grain silos. Dawn was trying to convince me that they are missile silos that have been built above ground so they could be hidden in plain sight! She can be really weird sometimes.


In Fargo, we saw some signs to an air museum so we decided to check it out. It cost $7 each and was very small, but it did have two of my favorite WWII aircraft very well restored - the F4U Corsair and the P51 Mustang. I learned some new information on them as well. Did you know that the F4U had a kill ratio in the Pacific of 11:1? That is phenomenal!!!




They also had a bunch of other WWII stuff, including this vintage Harley Davidson with a three speed and suicide clutch. There happened to be a gentleman in the museum that owned one just like it. Said he bought it from a college kid who didn't need it anymore for next to nothing! Oh how nice it would be to have that bike today, eh?


Today while I was riding along, Dawn started tapping the back of my helmet hard enough to push my head forward. "What's up?" I asked.

"Nothing, why?" She asked.

"Cause you were hitting me in the back of the head."

"Sorry." She said.

A bit later, her helmet started clunking against mine, so I asked again, "Are you okay back there?"

"Yeh, why?"

"Cause you're hitting me in the back of the head"

"Sorry. I just closed my eyes and didn't realize my head was drooping."

So, I think you get the idea. The poor girl was exhausted and dozed off twice! I pulled into the next rest stop for a break, got rested up, then made the last leg of the journey to our hotel. While at the rest stop, we made the decision to spend an extra night to recuperate and enjoy the city. So tomorrow, we will see what there is to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment