Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Unexpected Surprise

This is one of those nasty maple trees that insists on dropping leaves all over my yard - taken about 2 weeks ago


It has been quite a while since my last posting due to a crazy schedule! In fact, we had a yard full of leaves that has been collecting and collecting, then collecting some more. Due to all that is going on though, we haven't been able to pick any of them up.

With the upcoming wedding, we committed to spending last weekend with Jackie to do some shopping for a wedding dress, watch a play at Waynesburg College (WAY TO GO MARY! GREAT JOB!), go to the church they would like to have the ceremony in and close out the weekend with a concert by the touring choir (in which, Jackie had a solo that she just happened to NAIL!).

Well, Jackie found a dress that fit her perfectly, so we bought it on the spot! The play was really well done and very entertaining. The church was very pretty and the touring choir was fantastic! Success!

Of course, when we got home at 11:30pm Sunday night the leaves were still covering our yard. They didn't get up and walk themselves into the woods or anything! Yes, I'm not gonna lie, I was stressing over it. If they stay there, they eventually get blown into the neighbors yard and that is NOT good! I told Dawn, "If they will just stay put till Wednesday and Thursday I could actually take care of them - a two day opening in the schedule that will be perfect for gathering leaves! And wow, go figure, the weather is going to be perfect, too!"

So what was the unexpected surprise, you ask? When I came home at 4:30, Adam had already started the job and Matt was here helping, too! In what was left of our sunlight, we were able to get about half of the leaves hauled away! Let me tell you, a half acre of yard under cherry and maple trees can gather some serious piles of leaves!

Thanks Adam and Matt for the help, it was a truly unexpected and an awesome surprise!

3 comments:

  1. Jackie's wedding plans seem to be going well. I can't remember if you told us the wedding date? One of my 20-something friends was going to get married in April next year. She asked me to photograph her wedding, which I was all excited about. I was excited about the wedding too :-) I found out the other day that my friend and her fiance are no longer together .. sad :-( The two have a child together, which makes the situation even more sad.

    What a nice surprise to have help with the leaves. We have no where near as many leaves as you. We don't have any trees in our yard, so the leaves that we get blow in from our neighbor's trees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sorry about your friends, it seems to be the way people in our society deal with trials - simply walk away. It is tough to get through the 5-10 year mark, but SOOOO very worth it!

    The big date is this coming June, not much time left at all! But the plans are certainly coming together. = )

    ReplyDelete