Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Sweet Surprises

So, there I was getting ready for my Sunday School lesson in church, when around the corner walks Jackie! "Hi Dad!"

Was I ever surprised to see her! She spent the week with Will in California over the Thanksgiving break and was dearly missed here at home. It was kind of like a tiny preview of next year after she moves out there permanently after the wedding. Hard to imagine what that will be like. Tonight at a meeting, Mary told said, "I bet he [referring to me] will be a blubbering mess when she moves out there." Mary, you are probably right on the mark with that.

While she was home, Bear was right on cue. He whines and whimpers constantly when she is around and simply cannot contain himself. Here he was jumping on the couch (which he is NOT allowed to do since he is such a shedding, hairy beast!) to give her kisses. He practically glues himself to her when she is here.

What do you think, should Jackie and Will take him to California with them next year? After all, they are a very cute couple, wouldn't you say?

2 comments:

  1. I didn't think I had anything to say about this blog post when I first read it (yesterday, I think). Something called me back today. I zeroed in on Jackie's "Hi Dad". Those two little words reminded me today of a poem that my uncle wrote. Want to read the poem? Sure you do. The title of the poem is "Tears".

    I write with tears
    right from my heart.
    There are no fears,
    to tear my world apart.

    I wipe my eyes to write some more,
    of the endless sensations that I feel.
    So many thoughts I have in store,
    and want my pen to reveal.

    How peace and joy,
    bless the moments I spend
    thinking of a likable boy,
    at each day's end.

    More tears are shed as I write on,
    for I'm so happy deep inside,
    and want to express before it's gone,
    the words that I cannot hide.

    All the tears have meaning as they fall,
    "Hi Dad" is the nicest call,
    shouted by just a little guy,
    who is passing by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NICE! Memories are sometimes triggered by the most unusual circumstances. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete