Sunday, January 3, 2010

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!




It has been one of those weekends in Northwestern Pennsylvania when the crystalized H2O swirls and twirls, blows and accumulates in piles and drifts across the beautiful white blanketed landscape.  In other words, it has been snowing like crazy!  Nearly two feet in 48 hours and it is still falling like crazy!

In the next picture, you will notice our lawn table under 21" of that wonderful white stuff!  The drywall cornerbead is 25" long and you can see the leftover 4" sticking out of the snow.  When it all started, the table had just a couple inches on it - I know, crazy!!!!  But that is one reason why we have chosen to live in this area - there is a true sense of adventure when we have to try surviving the tundra!



Not only have we had piles of snow, but that means moving the snow from the driveways!  Four times I have plowed in two days.  Today a bit of my dad's luck hit - the winch cable broke in the middle of my neighbor's driveway so I had to run the repair in the middle of the snow bank.  Yes, there really is a driveway just beyond my 4-wheeler.  Crazy snow, eh?



It just happened that Dawn was nervous as all get out over the Steelers' game as they were once again trying to give it away in the 4th quarter.  When she gets nervous, she cannot stay in the room and watch so instead paces the house, plugs her ears, hums like there is no tomorrow and only checks in with the game when I cheer and tell her to come see the replay of a great play!

This time, since I was not there to let her know it was okay to watch, Dawn came out to see what was going on and her timing couldn't have been better.  She helped me fix the cable and kept me company while chattering on about how a 3rd string quarterback was going to turn another sure win  for the Steelers into a huge disappointment!

It didn't take long to fix the wheeler up and I was off and running again.  After finishing the job, we watched a movie.  Then at 7pm I went to plow again.  Another 4"-6" had accumulated in that brief time. I'm tellin' ya, CRAZY!  (But I'm not gonna lie, it is FUN!!!)



1 comment:

  1. We have a lot of snow here in Warren, but not as much as you do!

    ReplyDelete