Monday, August 31, 2009

So. Have you ever tried to tackle a project, but instead of everything going nice and smooth you run into problem after problem? Well, then you know how my past week has gone.

It was a simple project - cut, weld and finish a steel cart for the school drum set so we can pull it onto and off of the football field for our halftime show.

In fact, I was pretty excited when Dawn's dad gave me an oxyacetylene set up. He hadn't used it for a while but it was all there and only needed to have the tanks refilled. That was going to make the project all the easier.

Haha! Looks like the Lord has some other ideas for me.

Long story shorter... It took a while to find a business to fill the tanks. The acetylene regulator blew out. My dad had one I could borrow but when I tried to hook it up tonight, the fittings are the wrong size. Besides, it ended up being the oxygen regulator that blew! Actually, I knew that! So, I didn't even grab the right regulator from my dad! Grrrr... "That's okay," I thought, "I'll just weld the parts that are ready and finish the cutting tomorrow after I buy a new regulator." About 20 minutes into the welding I ran out of wire in my mig welder! Unbelievable!

"Time to go inside and blog!" I thought.

Of course, that all seems (and quite honestly, is) frustrating and tends to get under my skin. But when stacked up against the real problems in life, my little bumps are nothing! Tornadoes strike (like the one that took out half of this railroad bridge!), people are losing their homes due to finances, fires are destroying entire communities and even worse, my heart goes out to those who are forced to deal with life threatening diseases, etc.

Yeah, my problems are not so bad after all. God has been very good to me and I will remain focused on that. Tomorrow is another day and the project will come together in due time.

PS On a totally unrelated note... I finally jumped ship and bought a Mac. My PC has given me WAY to many headaches when trying to make videos. I should have it in 5-8 days. Any advice?

2 comments:

  1. Your view of Kinzua Bridge is a bit different than ones I have taken or others that I have seen. Your photograph is a good perspective. Did you have an opportunity to visit Kinzua Bridge State Park before the tornado?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! No, I did not get to see it pre-tornado. It is a nice little stop though. Of course, this was taken during our "man trip". God bless!

    ReplyDelete