Saturday, August 29, 2009

Up and Down

Went to my family doctor for a follow up appointment yesterday and found out all is well. That was good news. Sugar is good. Blood pressure was very good. Cholesterol was excellent. Bad cholesterol was fantastic. To top it off, he even mentioned that it was good that I had trimmed 5 pounds off since my visit to him last month. It came off in a good way, according to my doctor, through activity and portion control. Oh yeah - I was feeling pretty good.

Today we went to the Crawford County Fair. It just happens to be the largest agricultural fair in the state. Cool. The demolition derby was a lot of fun to watch (congratulations Tim on your first place finish! I heard that you determined you are getting too old for the demo though. If that is true, than we are glad to have seen your grand finale!). After the demo derby, we looked through some of the exhibits - nice, very nice.

Then came the "fair food" (which we have waited for all year!). So much for portion control, low cholesterol and good blood pressure! Not to mention adding the five pounds right back on!

By the way, Dawn, what's for dinner?! NOT!

1 comment:

  1. We like fair food too :-)

    I hope that the doctor gives me a good report like he gave you when I see him on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete