Friday, March 12, 2010

Don't Tell

This picture is from the internet, but this is what it looked like!

Today was another fantastic mid-March day.  It was warm and dry.  Most of the day, I was working on school work (a scheduled day off of school for us) but this afternoon I simply had to step away from the computer and get some "outside" time!  The driveway needed some attention from the freeze/thaw cycle and when I finished that, it was time to give the bike some attention. 

After cleaning the bike up and checking it over, it was close to 5pm... and... well, you can probably guess what I was thinking...   = )

I asked Jackie if she wanted to go for a little ride, but she was in the middle of cooking us a fantastic dinner from her "Pioneer Woman Cooks" cookbook.  [She is hooked on the Pioneer Woman's blog!]  Well, since Jackie couldn't go, she was quick to offer Bear but I couldn't see him liking it very much - and besides, he needs a bath and I just cleaned the bike!

Dawn came home shortly thereafter but she and Jackie were going to look at "Mom Wedding Dresses" right after dinner, so she was out of the running.

Jackie's dinner for us turned out very good. Mmmm... Thanks Jackie.

Well, surprise, surprise... guess what?  They had to run out as soon as we finished eating... soooo...    = )

"Greg, amidst all your other stuff you have planned for tonight, would you mind doing up the dishes for us while we are gone?" Dawn asked.  Now you have probably never seen our kitchen after Jackie cooks!  Let me tell you something!

"Of course I can do that."  Right after I sneak in a little ride that is!   [grin]

I must say, today was the first time I have ever riden my motorcycle past ice fishermen.  It was really cool!  [No pun intended]  Most of Pymatuning is still frozen over but ohhhh, was it ever a nice, refreshing ride - and not too cold either, I might add.  I went over the spillway and across the causeway, then back around the north side of the lake and was not cold at all.  In fact, I only had a sweatshirt and riding jacket on and, of course, my new cuffed-gloves Dawn got me for Christmas.

What can I say?  I had to try-out the gloves, didn't I?!  At least it seemed like the polite thing to do!

PS  I just finished the dishes before writing this.  One more paper to write and I am done for the night (and it is only 8pm).  Not bad.  Tomorrow morning, Bikers' Breakfast... wonder if I can ride my bike over?  [he-he]  Then down to Pittsburgh to see Emily - looking forward to that!

2 comments: