Thursday, March 11, 2010

Just Couldn't Believe It



Nope, you're not seeing things.  Actually, my wife is a fanatic.  She waits all winter for the day that she can once again, hang the clothes out on the line!  I came home yesterday and this was my greeting.  Dawn was gone; Jackie was gone; Adam was leaving; which left me home alone (well, Bear was here and more than willing to accost me, but that doesn't count!).  It was supposed to be a night of completing homework before attending a school board meeting and just before I left for the meeting, I saw the clothes hanging out there on the line calling to me and reminding me that if Dawn came home and found them still on the line, there would most certainly be trouble - you know, they would have picked up "damp!"

I do love that girl - even with her obsession of hanging "clothes on the line."

Emily is finally feeling a bit better.  After nearly two months, she is able to eat a bit and her lips are finally healing.  She has developed some bed sores that are pretty bad and also has a rash spreading on her feet.  The hospital staff said that the rash on her feet can be a good sign that the marrow transplant is grafting but they don't want the rash to spread too far.  We keep praying for her.  On Saturday, Dawn and I are planning to go down and visit her again.  It has been too long since seeing her, so we are really looking forward to it (even if she is kind of grumpy =).

Last Friday my Jazz Band performed in a small jazz festival and they were simply ON FIRE!  Way to go guys!  I love taking them out to perform.  On another note, a representative from the Erie Otters (our semi-pro hockey team) invited my Pep Band to play at the Otters' first playoff match.  We are psyched!  I will let you know when/if we can schedule it in.  It looks like it will be somewhere around March 20th.

Bikes are starting to come out of the woodwork!  I'm not gonna lie - the weather has been so nice that I almost got the bike out tonight for a little ride.  If I had gotten home just an hour earlier...  well, maybe tomorrow.

The Springtime seems to be evidence of God's mercy, don't you think?

2 comments:

  1. I laughed out loud when I saw the picture of the laundry hanging outside with a big snow pile in front of the line.

    I hope that Emily continues to feel better. It sounds as though prayers are being answered.

    Bob moved the motorcycle out of the shed and into the garage. The next step will be to move it out of the garage and onto the street, where he can ride it. The forecasted rain tomorrow and this weekend should help clear away some of the crud on the road. It wouldn't surprise me if Bob takes a ride sometime this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lord has been good to Emily (and all of us, really), there is no doubt about that. Thanks for your continued prayer.

    Once the gunk is off the road I'll be out, for sure! In fact, I see it rained last night - so the next clear, dry day... look out!

    ReplyDelete