Friday, March 26, 2010

Happy Birthday, Dear Dawn... happy birthday to you!

Once upon a time a beautiful young princess was born in a land not so far away.  She grew to be a beautiful woman, wise and true. 

Filled with love for her family she continually demonstrates that she will gladly do whatever it takes to care for them.  Giving.  Loving.  Protecting.  They all come to mind when I think of her.

And there is this one thing that happens each year on this date - she catches up to me in age so she can no longer call me an old man! [grin]  So now, for another nine months, we can be young together again. 

Perhaps it is her youthfulness that makes her so easy to talk into doing crazy things.  Things like hiking across the snow-pack in Glacier Park, Montana, or getting into a snowball fight in Lassen Volcanic NP, California, or riding four hours out of our way to see the largest ball of twine in the world located in Cawker City, Kansas. 

And yet, she still loves to curl up on the couch with her book, twist her hair, and get lost in another place for a brief moment in time... She is so cute when she does that. 

Her favorite activity?  She absolutely loves taking a leisurely stroll through the woods, holding hands and chatting along the way.  Well, we happen to be in two different places today, but we are never totally apart from each other, so Dawn, I just wanted you to know that (at the risk of being too "corny") you are on my mind and in my heart today just as you always are!  I can't wait to take that stroll through the woods with you soon... like maybe tomorrow?!  What do you say?

Happy Birthday, Sweetheart!!!!  See you soon!

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Dawn! What a great birthday greeting to you, too, from Greg! Best wishes for a wonderful day. Tomorrow is supposed to be a lovely day. I hope you do go for that walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. um I didn't get a post all to ME when it was my birthday! what mom is better than me?? haha JOKING, love you mom happy birthday! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really crack me up, kid!!!!! I really do love you too!!!

    ReplyDelete