Saturday, September 5, 2009

The Day Arrives

So it finally got here! My very own iMac. You know the "little one" with the 20" screen. That is the smallest they make - give me a break!

So why a mac? Because I will never try to make a movie on a PC again (unless perhaps it is less then a 5 minute production and someone is holding a gun to my head and a pc is the only choice! More then 5 minutes? Don't ask what my choice would be - please!).

As you can see, I was a bit happy and ready to celebrate!
As soon as Jackie saw it, she said, "Ohh Dad, let me show you something! This is really fun!" It seems that she and her friends were playing with Photo Booth (which comes as part of the basic package of software). It was a stitch!
So it seems the commercials are pretty much right on - pc's were developed for the business world to do very specific data work while mac continued to focus on the creative side of the computer world. At least that is the way it looks after day one (and all of 15 minutes on this thing - it was a crazy day at the end of a CRAZY week!).

Keep you posted... I'm still a bit skeptical, but very hopeful. Of course, I'm not gonna lie, that picture of Jackie is a riot!

No comments:

Post a Comment