Thursday, June 25, 2009

HIJACKED

Co-Pilot's Log - What's this?!


Hello to all, this is Dawn and I'm your official guest blogger today. I did say guest, but really I hijacked this from Greg so you could finally get the truth about our days! First thing bright and early Greg rolled me out of bed and made me hop on the back of the bike to go on a 60 mile uphill hike straight up the mountain to see a long lost water fall. It was so extreme we had to use repelling ropes and everything. This was the sight that met us at the top. I wanted to sit a while to catch my breath but off we were to the next sight.
Now we were off again to the river gorge, the wind wasn't as bad today, but at one of the picture spots it did blow my helmet off the bike seat and it started rolling down the road. We both took off running after it and Greg snatched it up right be for a semi ran it over (my hero!)

After our 500 mile trek along the river, remember this was our down day we ended up going over to Edgefield which was about 5 miles from the hotel. This was a great place, little shops, a brewery, restaurants and lots of flowerbeds to walk thru. It truly was relaxing and we had a very nice meal. We asked the waitress about the place while we were there and she said it was once a poor house for those down and out. So I guess you could say we ended up in the poor house here in Oregon.





Hope you enjoyed this post, I'm sure Greg will be back tomorrow. We will most likely get in the hotel much later than tonight. I tend to get in at night get a shower and am asleep within the hour. I know that is a big surprise to many of you, but I fall asleep early.
Love you all, Dawn


3 comments:

  1. Mother,
    For future reference, you can't join in on jokes about dad being weird anymore YOURE JUST AS BAD AS HIM! haha

    love you both! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! I have been trying to tell people that for years! Luv Ya, Dad! By the way, wait til you see tonights posting - it is special for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We really appreciate the pictures of the wild flowers of the west. That is a perfect pictures of Dragon Tail Columbine and wild Delphinium. You two have both Melissa and I longing to get away like this trip you are on.

    ReplyDelete