Friday, June 5, 2009

One...

I saw an elephant fly today! Really, I saw an elephant fly! Never in a million years did I ever think that both my dad, Lou, and Dawn's dad, Mel, would ever spend time on a computer or have any desire to use one. They are both outdoors men. Both of them love to spend every waking moment outside tinkering with this and working on that, so I was stunned when, several years ago I found out that my dad had started playing games on the computer - MY DAD! UNBELIEVABLE!

So the unthinkable happened today when Jackie and I helped Mel get his computer up and running online! The plan is to have Mary and Mel follow our journey throughout the Great Adventure and it was really fun helping him get started. Perhaps we will hook him up with Facebook next! What do you think Dad? haha [Okay, one step at a time!]

Here is a picture just to prove it because if you know Mel, you simply won't believe me when I tell you he is now online!




Tonight we hosted a Sunday School party and it was great to have everyone over. Oh sure, there was some heckling, but it was informative and helpful as we prepare to blast off. Perhaps the most helpful info for the trip was that you can get 8 days out of two pair of underwear! Really, do the math... each pair can be worn frontwards and backwards both inside and out! That will definitely cut down on how much gear we have to pack!






Another piece of priceless information [and I do mean priceless!] was given concerning modeling. Did you know that it is "thinning" to look up when having your picture taken and it helps reduce the dark circles around your eyes? I did not know that! Cool! I thought I would practice the thinning technique. Do you think it worked?






Hey - DID I MENTION, ONE DAY AND A WAKE UP? OHHH YEAAHHHHH!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment