Tuesday, May 12, 2009

25 And Counting

Unbelievable! Just 25 days 'til we hit the road on the Great Adventure! It is really hard to imagine that it is almost here. All of our planning is soon to come to fruition, and yet there is so much yet to accomplish. Tonight, with the help of our neighbor Dave, we put two truck loads of mulch down in the flower beds. Two more and we should be done with that job.

But I look at all the other projects that still need to be done and wonder how I will be able to get it all done in time. And the grass, it isn't helping us out either, not at all - it is growing like crazy! We are thinking about letting it grow for a couple weeks and then bailing it to sell to some farmers! Any buyers out there?

Thinking of all this has me reminiscing about the dreams Dawn and I had when we were 25. It sure seemed like 50 would be way off in the very, very distant future and yet, here we are knocking on its door. It seemed like I would feel really old, but actually, I still feel really young (until I put in a couple chords of wood, then I feel really, really old!), but other than that, I do feel very young - for the most part.

Even when I look in the mirror - still feel really young... no wrinkles or gray hair, no age spots or flaking skin. That is, as long as I don't put my glasses on. As soon as I do that, I see my dad in the mirror staring back at me! Like magic the wrinkles are really obvious. I find that there is no gray hair because there is little hair left to look at! But hey, my dad has already plowed this ground and he is still doing great [he wouldn't complain even if he didn't feel great] so as far as I am concerned, this is a very good place to be!

Thanks, Dad, for showing me how to do this age thing. You have said many times that you don't ever care to grow up - and I'm not gonna lie - you haven't! Haha! But when I grow up, I wanna be just like you! Actually, that is probably one of the reasons why we are going on this Great Adventure - you know, while we still can; before we grow up!

No comments:

Post a Comment