Friday, May 22, 2009

Friends

When young children are afraid to be around me, and adults become very apologetic without cause, then I might have reached a point where my internal anger and frustration has become externally visible. Alright, I was pretty fired up! There was no mistaking it, when, after school, a student walked into my office, took one look at the menacing brute behind the desk [me], and immediately began to retreat trembling through the door. Of course, my assurances that it was not her or her friends that had me so frustrated, but rather "other issues," seemed to have little impact on her sense of impending doom.

You see, the insurance company of the young lady who totalled our car has been very slow to resolve the issue. For 21 days we have been trying to patiently work with them for an amicable solution and they are beginning to drive me crazy! I am a very patient guy, but was nearing the end of my rope! Thankfully, by the end of the day, one of the supervisors actually cared enough to verbally state that he wanted to make this right. I am hopeful.

Then came the venting to Dawn and Adam, the bubbly phone call from Jackie and the incessant bothersome licks from our dog, Bear. That was the beginning of a great evening.

And so, that is where friends and God's timing come in. We had invited several friends over for dinner far before running into all of this "stuff" and the timing of the evening was perfect. It had been far too long since we spent an evening laughing and telling stories, simply catching up. Great times with friends are incredibly therapeutic and laughter truly is wonderful medicine. Thanks for stopping in Rita, Tyler, Steve, Brenda, Tim, Katie, and Brandon [in order of appearance], you guys are great!

Things just might turn around. Regardless, one thing is for certain, all in God's good time. I believe that for all things, there is a purpose - we simply need to do our part, then allow it to unfold.

1 comment:

  1. That's too funny, Greg. My kids walk in to the office and bluntly ask me if I'm in a good mood or not. I guess no matter how hard we try not to let life's frustrations get to us, the kids can read us like book. Often times, it's my kids that keep my mind in perspective.

    ReplyDelete