Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Way to Go Kiddo!

Hey Jackie, way to go on all of your finals! Now it is out on tour for my princess.

I can't help but remember all those HUGE hugs from my little girl that were so often accompanied by the butterfly kisses, and of course the sincere, "I love you Daddy," as she looked so intently into my eyes with her hands cupping my face. Then just as quickly, we were skipping along, hand in hand, swinging our arms, laughing and giggling, "Hurry up, Daddy, hurry up! The water's perfect!" You just couldn't wait to jump in and you always had to splash me, squealing with joy as I gave an exaggerated shiver and asked, "Hey, are you trying to freeze me or something?!" It thoroughly warmed my heart to see you having so much fun.


Then you would yell, "Come on, Mom! What are you waiting for? Aren't you coming in?"


"That's alright," she would say, "I think I'll sit here on the beach and just watch you guys for a while." Her smile would reveal a true contentment in watching her baby girl simply enjoying life.


As the sun went down, we would gather around the campfire and listen to our girl chatter away about all the exciting things she had experienced during the day. Of course, we could never forget the somemores! My little princess always thought the best somemore was chased down with a couple of the Hershey bars right out of the wrapper!


Many years have come and gone, as have countless campfires and somemores, but there is one thing we will never grow tired of - the joyful chatter of our girl! Jackie, you have a way of jumping into life with a joy and excitement that few others can appreciate and it is thoroughly refreshing for those of us who get to share in it with you.


We love you, kid, and are so very proud of all you have accomplished. One year down, only three to go! Sing well and enjoy the tour along with all that the Lord brings your way - I know He takes great joy in you!

2 comments:

  1. dad, way to make me cry a little...i miss you guys and i am looking forward to coming home and spending some time with you and mom both...and the dog, oh how i miss my bear boy =)

    i love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry. Couldn't help myself!

    I really enjoyed talking to you. Take care, and God bless!

    ReplyDelete