Thursday, May 14, 2009

Life Can Be Crazy!

Run here! Hurry up and get over there! This kid needs to be at this game and the other needs to be at practice! Hurry, would you? Don't eat so fast, your gonna get sick! Would you just slow down and listen to me? Come on, we're gonna be late!

Life is crazy sometimes. It seems that each generation gets crazier than the last and there is no real end in sight for us. I remember the big push for computers was that they would make our lives so much better by being so efficient, our work weeks would drop to 30 hours per week and we would still accomplish more! Haha!

Well, in some ways that is true. We can accomplish far more with them than we could without - no doubt, but is it better?

Our cars run much better than those of our grandparents and the roads are way better, too. That means we can do more running, I suppose. That's right, run, run, run, run, run!

Wow, can life ever get crazy!

But I have found that it is critically important to take some time to slow down, relax and recharge and I find myself doing just that.

It is a beautiful afternoon. Before running over to the school and direct my band kids through a concert (which should be a great evening that I will certainly enjoy), a peaceful moment has gotten hold of me. Sitting here on the deck, the warm spring breeze, the birds and the water fountain, ahhh.

Okay, so this isn't a crazy posting like some of my others. Just a moment to realize how important it is to take some time to rest and enjoy the beauty of all that surrounds us. The Lord has promised, "Come to me all you who are weary and heavily burdened, and I will give you rest." I find refuge in Him often.

Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment