Sunday, May 3, 2009

How About Those Plans

Well, here we are, after church, loading the firewood in the back of the truck, power washing the deck and mowing the grass! Oh, wait a minute, this picture doesn't look like that to me. Hmmm...
Oh yeah, that is because our friends (left to right: Steve, Rita [Greg, Dawn], Karen and Carl)decided to talk us into a two hour ride that only lasted four hours! Of course Steve is a.k.a. Ironbutt and man, he can ride forever without a break. In fact, his short ride can bring tears to the eyes of even the most "calloused cheeks" among us! Alright, I might be exaggerating a bit on that - but not very much! Carl is a.k.a. Gadget because he has all of the latest technological, electrical gadgets one can imagine. Alright, that may be another slight exaggeration.
Karen and Carl just put a new seat on their Kaw this year and it has made all the difference in Karen's ability to ride distances. She could only get about 30 minutes on a ride before needing to call it a day before the new seat. After putting the custom designed saddle on the bike, she is now comfortable with the longer rides like we put in today demonstrating once again, that you must have the right combination of bike and saddle to put in the long rides. Which is exactly why Dawn and I chose to purchase our Yamaha Venture - it simply fits us like a... well... I guess it fits us like a... hmmm... perfect fitting bike [calling it a glove just doesn't seem right, sorry].
Back to our ride today, you know, a person really must be careful of what your friends talk you into, it may involve a great afternoon of fellowship, twisty roads, and perfect weather. We enjoyed all of the above and much more on this ride around northwestern Pennsylvania, and still were able to get home in time for Dawn to mow the grass and me to power wash the deck (well, most of it anyhow).
That was the most fun I have had bringing in wood and doing yard work in a very long time! [Of course, truth be told, I think it was my idea to go for the ride, but at our age, who really knows how things come about?]
Nine more hours logged in preparation of the Great Adventure - YAHOO!

1 comment:

  1. You wrote about your friends, Karen and Carl, just putting a new seat on their Kaw. My husband and I have a Kaw as well. We purchased a new (to us) Kawasaki Nomad this month. I was like Karen when riding our other Kawasaki motorycle, which was a non-touring style bike. I had to get off every 30 minutes or so. It didn't take long for me NOT to want to get back in the saddle on that bike. I LOVE the Nomad. The seat is so comfy; the floor boards wonderful (I rode with pegs on the old bike). BTW we belong to a VROC group and meet at rallies from time to time. Are Karen and Carl members of VROC?

    ReplyDelete